What to bring:
Your room will fill up quickly; so only bring what you really need. Remember, you can always purchase extras.
● Toiletries: Soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, deodorant and other personal toiletry products.
● Bedding: pillow, blanket, comforter, twin XL sheets
● Bathroom Essentials: Hair dryer, shower shoes, UL tested surge protectors, towel, shower caddy, etc. 4 This housing manual is for dancers attending the Joffrey Southwest Dallas (Fusion) program and for dancers attending the Joffrey Colorado Springs (Ballet) relocated Live Instruction program in Denton Texas.
● Recreational Clothing: Jeans, t-shirts, swimsuit, walking shoes, sandals, beach clothes, etc.
● Dance Attire: Dance clothes, leotards, shoes, tights, and other related supplies.
● Electronics: Laptops, chargers, and headphones. Valuables at your own discretion.
● Cell Phone: Every student is required to bring or purchase upon arrival, a personal mobile phone. This phone number must be provided to the staff upon arrival and will serve as the primary method of communication between Joffrey staff and the dancers.
● Masks and Gloves – Masks must be cloth and have enough for two a day.
● Other: Fan, books, journal for corrections, reusable water bottle, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, contacts/glasses, umbrella.
What not to bring
The following items are prohibited in our housing locations and will be confiscated if found in your room. There are also fines associated with some unauthorized items.
● Candles or incense.
● Christmas/hanging lights, including fairy lights.
● Toaster ovens, toasters, panini and sandwich makers are not allowed.
● Shelves or items that require more than painters tape to hang.
● Halogen lights.
● Pets of any kind, including fish.
● Alcohol, drugs, tobacco, including eCigarettes, Juuls, Hookah pipes, bongs; Illegal substances of any nature, or drug and alcohol paraphernalia.
● Anything that produces a flame/spark, fireworks, sparklers, etc.
● Space Heaters